If you have CRPS you know that it’s a rare, chronic, and disabling pain syndrome that can sometimes develop after an injury.
Great Lakes Clinical Trials needs your help with a research study testing an investigational medication. We need men or women at least 18 years old who have had CRPS symptoms for less than 2 years.
The main purpose of this study is to see how well this study medication works compared to placebo, which looks like the study medication. Placebo does not contain any activate medication. We also want to learn about its safety.
To pre-qualify for this study, patients must:
· be at least 18 years of age
· have experienced CRPS symptoms for 2 years or less
· have received at least two different types of treatments in the past for your pain, one of which must have been a drug treatment, that failed to help your symptoms
· Your time on this trial will last up to 14 months.
· You will be asked to visit Great Lakes Clinical Trials 13 to 17 times.
· After passing a screening visit to determine eligibility to participate in this study, you will be asked to return to the clinic for 4 treatments with the investigational medication.
· The investigational medication will be administered through an intravenous (IV) infusion which lasts 4 hours.
· Will be able to take your current CRPS treatments (with some limits).
· You could also receive a second course of treatment, which would be of the study medication administered via 4 infusions over 10 days
Costs to Participate
There is no cost for participation in this study. All medications, tests and doctor visits are free of charge and we do not bill insurance. For your participation, you will receive a stipend in the amount of $80 for each time you visit our clinic and up to $1,360 for completing the trial.
If you are interested in joining this trial, click on the "Sign Up" button below to provide your contact information. One of our staff will be in touch with you within 24 hrs to conduct a short phone screen to determine your eligibility. Otherwise, you can call our center directly at (773) 275-3500 to speak with one of our staff today.