Great Lakes Clinical Trials is looking for volunteers for a clinical research study for people with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) also known as Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD). While there are no approved treatments for pain associated with CRPS, doctors and researchers are working to find pain relief treatment.
The pain from CRPS usually affects one or more of the limbs (arms, hands, legs, or feet). CRPS pain is often described as constant and intense, and it is considered the most painful form of chronic pain that exists today.
Symptoms of CRPS include:
· Intense burning pain
· Dramatic changes in skin temperature, color, or texture
· Extreme skin sensitivity
· Swelling or stiffness in the affected area
You may be able to participate if you:
· Are over the age of 18
· Have a diagnosis of CRPS in one arm or one leg. Note: if you have CRPS in multiple limbs, one side must be predominant.
· Experience ongoing moderate to severe chronic pain associated with CRPS.
· Can differentiate the location and intensity of your CRPS pain from any other pain you may be experiencing.
Qualified participants will receive:
· Study related care and office visits at no cost. Insurance is not required
· Investigational study medication at no cost
· A stipend of $75 per completed clinic visit for participation in this study.
This is an open-label, single-arm study, meaning that all subjects will receive treatment with the investigational study product. There is no placebo or other comparator medication.
This study will last up to one year and will involve up to 11 visits to our clinic. After passing a screening visit to determine eligibility to participate in this study, you will be asked to return to the clinic for 4 treatments with the investigational medication over the course of 2 weeks. The investigational medication will be administered through an intravenous (IV) infusion which lasts 4 hours. After the 4 treatment visits, you will return to the clinic for periodic follow-up visits for up to 1 year.
If you are interested in joining this trial, click on the "Sign Up" button below to provide your contact information. One of our staff will be in touch with you within 24 hrs to conduct a short phone screen to determine your eligibility. Otherwise, you can call our center directly at (773) 275-3500 to speak with one of our staff today.